Monday, August 6, 2012
ADB Full Backup/restore Nexus7 without Unlock or Root
With ADB(Android Debug Bridge) platform tools in Android 4.1, you can create a full system backup with Nexus 7, including all of Android apps, Sytem setting and internal storage.
* Make sure you have installed the Android SDK on your computer and update to the latest.
* Plus your tablet via USB cable.
* Open a command prompt. To see if your device is recognized, enter "adb devices".
* How to perform a full system backup.
Command parameters format: adb backup [-f <file>] [-apk|-noapk] [-shared|-noshared] [-all] [-system|nosystem] [<packages...>]
* Start doing N7 backup by using the command:
adb backup -apk -shared -all -f C:\n7-full-backup.ab
* Your tablet's screen ask if you want to. Touch "Back up my data". It will be completed in several minutes and show "Backup Complete".
* When you need to restore everything, connect your device and make the command:
adb restore C:\n7-full-backup.ab
Then tap "Restore my data" on your N7 to start.